Add network device to L4Linux

Christian Ludwig christian_ludwig at genua.de
Tue Nov 28 17:28:26 CET 2017

Hi,

I have no idea of your specific hardware setup, but here is some general
advise.

On Saturday, 25. November 2017, 20:18:32 Yiyang Su wrote:
> I am stuck here and thinking about to implement a driver server, but don't
> know if it is the right direction. Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.

Yes, the cleanest solution is to have one or more driver servers for your
shared hardware resources. So these servers can mediate access to the hardware
for multiple clients.

That being said, you might get away with initializing some of the hardware in
io during bootup to fixed values and never touch them again. This might
especially work for clocks/power domains. Then you will have to comment out
these bits from the Linux drivers and adjust their kconfigs. It might be more
difficult to get DMA working though. Maybe you can fall back to PIO mode, but
you will need to inspect the affected devices' drivers and their specs. But
all that is more or less a hack to get things going fast.

Hope that helps a bit.

So long,

 - Christian

--
genua GmbH, Domagkstrasse 7, 85551 Kirchheim bei Muenchen
tel +49 89 991950-0, fax -999, www.genua.de