Want to run L4Re on Raspberry PI.

Lei Zhou lezhou at blackberry.com
Wed May 29 22:39:06 CEST 2019

When I cross compiled Fiasco for Raspberry PI3 B,   running into this compiling error as below.

Here are what I did:
  1. use Linaro cross compiler
  2. // cross compiling for Rpi 3b+
      $make BUILDDIR=build-rpi3-ukernel
      $make O=build-rpi3-ukernel config    // pick aarch64, broadcom 2837, and rpi 3b
      $make O=build-rpi3-ukernel -j4

Compiling error:
========================
  ... Making arm_control-arm-bcm283x.o
  ... Making irq_handler-arm-bcm283x.o
  ... Making uart_console.o
  ... Making vgic.o
  ==> Linking tcboffset.bin
  ... Making jdb.o
In file included from auto/vgic.cc:4:0:
/home/lezhou/workspace/l4re/src/kernel/fiasco/src/kern/arm/vgic.cpp: In constructor ‘Gic_h_init::Gic_h_init(Cpu_number)’:
/home/lezhou/workspace/l4re/src/kernel/fiasco/src/kern/arm/vgic.cpp:153:59: error: ‘Gic_h_phys_base’ is not a member of ‘Mem_layout’
         Gic_h::gic.construct(Kmem::mmio_remap(Mem_layout::Gic_h_phys_base));
/home/lezhou/workspace/l4re/src/kernel/fiasco/src/Makerules.global:118: recipe for target 'vgic.o' failed   <<<====== compiling error
make[2]: *** [vgic.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/lezhou/workspace/l4re/src/kernel/fiasco/build-ukernel-pi3'
/home/lezhou/workspace/l4re/src/kernel/fiasco/src/Makefile:153: recipe for target 'all' failed

Any inputs would be appreciated!
Lei