Want to run L4Re on Raspberry PI.

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jun 13 19:36:33 CEST 2019

On Thursday 13. June 2019 17.48.59 Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> On Wed Jun 12, 2019 at 00:34:02 +0200, Paul Boddie wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps take a look at the following:
> >
> > http://www.boddie.org.uk/downloads/armv6_hello.elf
> > http://www.boddie.org.uk/downloads/armv6zk_hello.elf
>
> I see a couple of floating point instructions and it would be
> interesting to know whether one of those triggers it. Sorry for not
> saying this earlier, but could you place a version with debugging
> symbols (of bootstrap) online, i.e. one where I could see where
> move_modules is.

To do this, I ran the following command:

make O=mybuild E=hello uimage BOOTSTRAP_NO_STRIP=1

I had been looking in the general build configuration, but the "Strip binaries
on install" (BID_STRIP_PROGS) option evidently only applies to bundled
programs, not the bootstrap payload itself.

The above binaries have now been replaced with ones that include symbol
information. Previously, I had been looking at the dump for boot_modules.o and
didn't notice anything particularly unusual, but I must admit that I don't
know the more exotic ARM instructions.

Thanks once again for taking a look!

Paul