MHonArc test archive

Looking for help on Linux-ATM

Hello,

I'm trying to install an ATM network using Linux-ATM
and so far, I've met with little success.  I was
wondering if anyone out there might have a couple
of hints or suggestions on where I should look to
help me.

Let me describe my setup for you.

I'm trying to connect four Pentium Pro's, using
the Fore pca-200e network cards and the Fore
Runner LE switch.  These computers are already
connected by ethernet to a slightly larger network.

The kernel I'm using is the 2.0.29 kernel with
Redhat 4.2.  The atm patch (version 0.31) seems to
have taken and after reconfiguring it, it is compiling to
a usable kernel.

I've download the pca200e driver, compiled and
installed it.  And that seems to be running fine.

The atmsigd starts, and doesn't return any errors.
The ilmid starts as well and is grabbing the switch
address and the esi.  I'm trying to run the network using ip,
so I've started atmarpd and atmarp.  After which, I
configured the network.

Everything seems to be running fine, but so far, I've
been unable to connect to any other computer in the
network.

Any tips, ideas or further questions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Aaron J. Schneider

Home | Main Index | Thread Index