MHonArc test archive

Re: Problems compiling the PCA-200e module

"Gordon M. Taylor" wrote:
>         I have been trying to the the PCA-200e driver compiled for
>         Linux-ATM.  My first series of attempts was with the 2.1.117
>         kernel, Linux-ATM 0.47, and PCA-200e 0.4.  I was running into
>         a problem with either a kernel that was too large to install
zImages are somewhat limited in size.
bzImages are fine for a "totally-equipped" 2.1.x Linux kernel.

>         when I created a mostly-non-modular kernel, or a large number
>         of modules with unresolved symbols when I made a mostly-modular
>         kernel.  These modules were not solely related to Linux-ATM
>         modules, but the Linux-ATM modules did also have unresolved
>         symbols.
The pca200e-0.4 driver is intended to be kernel-compiled in. As you can see,
using it as a loadable module hasn't been tested thoroughly.

Uwe

Uwe Dannowski, student, Dresden University of Technology, Dept. of CS, OS group
email: Uwe.Dannowski@inf.tu-dresden.de  WWW: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ud3/
tel: +49-351-2848091/+49-172-3736772 addr: Gamigstr. 20, 01239 Dresden, Germany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index