Learning and Hacking L4

Jeff Douglas inbuninbu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 17:28:33 CET 2007

Hi Coly,

I've read through the X.2 spec and some of the other papers that
looked like they might be useful. Unfortunately, they are not really
helpful to me. Or, perhaps it is better to say that they don't seem to
paint a full picture.

What I think would really be helpful is the L4 System Programmer's
Manual. I've waited for it to materialize for years now, but it still
hasn't appeared. Do you have any particular papers to suggest? Does
you know if/when the System Programmer's Manual will be released?

Regards,
JD