Question about ipcmon and assembler IPC shortcut

Marc CHALAND l4 at marc-chaland.net
Tue May 27 16:40:01 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've made a little test with ipcmon. This test is a simple application
launched by loader which makes an IPC to names (05) and to log server
(06).

With assembler IPC shortcut, I don't need to set an accept rule to
names. ipcmon doesn't handle requests to names. If I activate jdb IPC
monitoring, then IPC to names are handled by ipcmon. After some more
checking, it seems that assembler IPC shortcut doesn't care about
parity. For example, if 4 (roottask) is allowed, then 5 is also
allowed only for assembler code. I tried to find a bug, but I don't
know where capability is checked in assembler code (ia32). Does
anybody know where this check is done ?

Regards
Marc