porting L4linux on minix3.

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Wed Mar 12 13:09:49 CET 2008

Hi,

On Mon Mar 10, 2008 at 19:52:53 +0530, Pravin wrote:
> I wanted to ask a question regarding the procedure followed in porting
> linux on L4 (L4Linux).
> I am exploring the possibility of porting Linux on Minix3 on similar lines.

I'd find it more interesting to see Minix on L4.

> L4 and Minix3 are having similarities.

I had the impression that Minix3 has more like a POSIX interface. Now I
wanted to look at the API, and indeed, on wiki.minix3.org there's a
kernel-api.pdf referenced but the link gives a 404. Where did it go?

> So, in theory, with few modifications, L4Linux should be able to run
> on Minix also.
>
> I wanted some information regarding the approach taken in porting Linux on L4.
> If there are any documentation/links available about
>  *. how to go in case of these kind of porting of linux on another kernel?
>  *. and how L4linux works internally?
>  *. which architecture dependent code of Linux has been modified and why?

Some of the things can actually been seen by looking at the code. And
there are some thesis on L4Linux on our website.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de