HowTo about some stuff

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Fri May 16 11:22:45 CEST 2008

On Thu May 15, 2008 at 11:58:07 +0400, Igor V. Ruzanov wrote:
> >> 3)And when i stay in the 1-st console (hypervisor itself), my keyboard
> >> doesn't respond - is that because of absence of some options of fiasco
> >> module in my config file?
> >
> > Do you mean that 'run' is running there? Does keyboard input work in
> > L4Linux? If it's working there it should also work in run because it's
> > the same wrt the keyboard driver.
> I use USB-keyboard (my machine has no PS/2 socket).
> When i successfully booted into L4Linux first time i couldn't type inside
> of instance (even when i used init=/bin/sh boot option) but i could work
> in run. Then i've added HID devices support into .config and recompiled
> the L4Linux kernel. Now it's working good inside of L4Linux but i can't
> type in 1-st console when application has exited, for example. Probably
> its common symptom for switching between consoles too (RightAlt-F1 or
> RightShift-F1 hasn't turned out from 2-nd opened console).
> Is it correctly to suppose that i have still another keyboard driver
> that addresses to my keyboard from L4Linux directly through EHCI/OHCI
> subsystem?

Yes, if you enable USB support in L4Linux than the USB host controller
will be reset and the USB legacy support will not work anymore. What you
can do is also start the usbhid server (usbhid package) which implements
the USB keyboard/mouse driver. Do not enable USB in L4Linux then.
With usbhid the system should also work with USB keyboard and mouse.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de