Problem in Linking program

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Thu Mar 13 10:33:17 CET 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 06:00:52PM +0900, Irvanda Kurniadi wrote:
> Case closed.
>
> I found that the __assert_fail is not supported in uclibc. Then, I tried to
> change __assert_fail with __assert and it works. But I'm still curious
> about using glibc in L4re. I try to compile my program using libgcc but it
> also doesn't work. Can it cause any problem if I use glibc compiler than
> any of requires_libs using uclibc compiler? just wondering

The L4Re build system uses the standard compiler of your host system. But note
the '-nostdlibs' linker option of the L4Re build system. This tells gcc to not
use the system standard libraries. If you want to link an L4Re program against
glibc you first have to port it to L4Re and provide an L4Re-specific
implementation of the backend where necessary.

Matthias.