L4linux build problem

Matthias Lange matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com
Wed Jan 21 09:39:34 CET 2015

Hi,

On 01/21/2015 06:42 AM, Gayathri Nagarajan wrote:

> I am trying to build l4linux.
> Version of l4linux - 3.16.0
> I am using fiasco.oc and l4re
>
> I configured using the command : sudo make O=build/kernel menuconfig
> and changed the path to l4re build directory in l4linux configuration.

Why do you use 'sudo' here? There is no need to build with super user
privileges.

> The following errors come when I build it.

The easiest way is to start with the x86-ux_defconfig. If you have
succeeded building with that configuration you can enable more features
you need.

> user at user-VirtualBox:~/src/l4re/src/l4linux$ sudo make O=build/kernel

[...]

> ERROR: CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G must not be enabled.

[...]

> make[1]: *** [check_linux_config] Error 1
>
> make: *** [sub-make] Error 2
>

> I tried reconfiguring again to diable the features mentioned above. But
> I could not find the location of the above features in the menu-based
> window.

You can always search in the configuration dialog using '/'.

Matthias.

--
Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14

Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth