How to compile the fiasco kernel test directory?

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Thu Apr 23 00:37:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Fri Apr 17, 2015 at 16:52:59 +0800, Liu Xiaodong wrote:
> As you say, I have turned on the switch at src/Modules.ux line 329. But it only complie test/unit, not include other source under test directory.

That's right, only the 'unit' directory is included currently.

> As I opinion, the compile procedure just jump into test/unit and compile it with fiasco kernel, don't use the Makefile under test/ directory.
> The test/ Makefile is similar to L4 pkg Makefile. Should I compile them with L4Re?? Actually, I have tried this, but failed. Can you give me some
> advice or some articles about this£¿

I think they would need to be enabled in the same way as test/unit is
enabled in Fiasco's build system. This is has nothing to do with the
L4Re build system. However, most will probably not work as they're
disabled for a reason right now.

> Another question, I have compile the test/unit directory and got the *.o. But I don't know how to use them. I make a fiasco image with L4 hello pkg, and launch
> it with qemu. but I can't see main() function£¨test/unit/mapdb_t.cpp£©run. How can I trigger the test process??

'make unittest' in the build directory.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de