L4Linux Compilation trouble with missing packages in L4

Martin Gruber martin.gruber at pinteam-gmbh.com
Fri Jun 10 11:52:25 CEST 2016

Dear L4 community,

i started diving into L4 stuff recently and it looks really interesting.
Currently I am trying to get L4Linux working on top of Fiasco.OC. After
configuring the L4 Kernel, I am getting following error message at build:

make O=../build/
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/gruber/l4re/l4linux/build'
Package shmc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `shmc.pc'
No package 'shmc' found
Package rtc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `rtc.pc'
No package 'rtc' found
Getting required compilation flags failed.
L4OBJ: /home/gruber/l4re/src/l4/l4build
L4_REQUIRED_MODS: libc_be_minimal_log_io libc_minimal libc_minimal_l4re
libsupc++_minimal log l4re_c-util libio libvcpu shmc rtc
arch/l4/Makefile:391: *** Aborting.. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/gruber/l4re/l4linux/build'
Makefile:146: recipe for target 'sub-make' failed
make: *** [sub-make] Error 2

I checked the l4/builddir/pc for missing libs and did not find them. Compilation
of L4 worked fine, L4 also works with the small HelloWorld sample in QEMU. I
checked the L4 config but was not able to find appropriate options.

Does anyone have an tip for me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind Regards,

Martin