Porting L4Re and Fiasco.OC to the Ben NanoNote and Letux 400

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed Apr 18 01:34:04 CEST 2018

As promised, I wrote up my experiences porting L4Re and Fiasco.OC to the Ben
NanoNote:

https://blogs.fsfe.org/pboddie/?p=2147

There are, in fact, nine articles describing the process, which I accept might
be a bit too much reading for the casual inquirer, especially as the narrative
wanders from one problem to be solved to the next. But the summary should
cover the main tasks that need to be done in this kind of work.

Since getting things working on the Ben, I have also persuaded the software to
work on the Letux 400 notebook computer, which is a variant of the Skytone
Alpha-400 product that did the rounds almost ten years ago (although I was
probably completely unaware of it at that time):

http://blogs.fsfe.org/pboddie/?p=2175

I hope that some of the information I have shared is useful to others and
perhaps encourages someone else to port the software to a device of their
choosing. Good luck to that person!

Paul

P.S. As noted before, the patches are here:

http://www.boddie.org.uk/paul/L4Re-Fiasco.OC.html