Issues about server multi-threading on L4Re

李 鼎基 lidingji1997 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:10:39 CEST 2018

Hi,

I’m trying to implement some multi-threading IPC benchmarks on L4Re.
Following the “shared_ds” demo, firstly, I create 8 threads to send IPC on client and receive them all on server’s main thread.
The server loops, waits for the requests and handles them in the “dispatch” function. This single-thread server works well.

Then I want to create 8 threads in server (so that it can serve the client thread-to-thread).
I wrap the “server.loop();” in a “thread_fn” and use “pthread_create” to create more threads, however, the server will get stuck.
There are some printings after entering thread_fn so that I can make sure new threads are created and executed except the server.loop part.

In order to serve different requests concurrently, is there any way to create a multi-threading server?

--
Thanks