Is the L4Linux running as a Fiasco.OC server?

Zeyu Mi yzmizeyu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 14:06:02 CET 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:05 PM, Matthias Lange <
matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On [06-03-2018 09:20], Zeyu Mi wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 7:50 AM, Adam Lackorzynski <
> adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > Hi Adam,

> [...]
>
> > > Your obvservations are all right, however, 'lp' lists all threads in
> the
> > > system but not tasks (aka address spaces). For listing tasks, use 's',
> > > where you will see all the tasks for the Linux user processes.
> > >
> > I have tried 's' command, but there was alwasy a general protection
> fault.
> > The following is the error
> > message.
> >
> > KERNEL: Warning: No page-fault handler for 0xfffffffff0400008, error 0x0,
> > pc fffffffff000922b
> > General Protection (eip=fffffffff0042dc3, err=0000000000000000) -- jdb
> bug?
>
> I unsuccessfully tried to reproduce the issue. Could you please try
> Fiasco.OC's development version from [1] and see whether you still get a
> GPF?
>
> Thank you,
> Matthias.
>
> [1] https://github.com/kernkonzept/fiasco

Thank you, I will try this.

> > There has been a change in model for L4Linux. With the vcpu model there
> > > is only one thread (the vcpu) which is moving between the tasks for
> > > execution. In the previous thread mode there has been a thread in each
> > > user process. Both variants are still available through the L4Linux
> > > config.
> > >
> > Could you kindly tell me how to enable the previous thread mode?

Could you tell me how to enable the previous thread mode? It seems that
turning off
the vcpu mode is unable to revert to the previous mode, which triggers a
lot of compilation
error.

--
Best Regards

Zeyu Mi (糜泽羽)
Institute of Parallel and Distributed Systems (IPADS),
School of Software,
Shanghai Jiao Tong University