Input driver configuration and use in L4Re

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Wed May 23 00:21:23 CEST 2018

On Wednesday 16. May 2018 00.37.32 Paul Boddie wrote:

> But I cannot figure out how to have the client create the interrupt and
> send it to the server, which would be a prerequisite for implementing the
> necessary interrupt mechanism for events, as far as I can tell. Presenting
> a capability instance (L4::Cap<L4::Irq>) to the IPC stream, which should
> then result in a Snd_fpage instance being queued, just causes the
> L4_IPC_SEMSGCUT ("Cut send message") condition.

I think I figured out what causes this particular error condition: the
Registry_server class needs parameterising with Br_manager_hooks instead of
the default hooks. Providing a parameterised Demand_t class amongst the
template parameters for Kobject_t seems to then allocate space for an incoming
capability. These two details are in some examples, but their purposes aren't
clearly stated.

Unfortunately, I can't get the sent capability to be recognised. Reading a
Snd_fpage instance from the IPC stream seems successful, but the item is not
considered valid. I'm wondering if I need to declare something somewhere else,
here, and perhaps pkg/examples/sys/map_irq holds the key to this, but I don't
really follow the mechanism.

Paul