Building programs with MODE=shared in L4Re

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jun 14 15:38:33 CEST 2018

On Friday 8. June 2018 00.32.04 Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> On Sun May 20, 2018 at 00:47:02 +0200, Paul Boddie wrote:
> >
> > So, with the help of fbterminal (mentioned in my last message), I managed
> > to get some debugging information out of the loader:
> >
> > L4Re: rom/ex_hello_shared: Unhandled exception: PC=0x800000 PFA=8d7a
> > LdrFlgs=0

[...]

> So the "Unhandled exception" message is the first one, or are there
> other messages? For me this works, in QEMU. If there would be a lib
> missing or similar it would also complain differently.

This is the first and only message I see.

I have exercised the dynamic loading functionality successfully elsewhere,
using dlopen and dlsym to obtain libraries from the "rom" directory, so it
probably isn't the act of loading libraries that causes this problem.

Is there some way of interpreting the "PFA" value or getting more information
about where the exception really occurs?

Paul