L4Re Build Failure on i386 (Revision 80)

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Sun Aug 12 17:37:03 CEST 2018

On Tuesday 7. August 2018 23.47.44 Paul Boddie wrote:
> On Tuesday 7. August 2018 23.00.25 Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> > Issue has been fixed by now. Was a mistake in the linkerscript
> > where earlier ld versions did not complain.
>
> Thanks once again for following up! This is possibly useful to know for
> other reasons, too, of course. I'll try and confirm that it works again
> for me tomorrow.

Well, the linker problems went away, but I haven't managed to get the
graphical console to appear under revision 81 with binutils 2.31.1-2.

Indeed, I seem to experience the ux_con processes being started and persisting
even after the UX system has halted. Under certain conditions, fiasco
processes persist as well, using up CPU cycles.

I'll try and figure out what might be happening, but if there are any hints
about what to look for, I'm sure they will be very useful. Nevertheless, just
getting UX to work again has been helpful for the exploration of certain
things within L4Re.

Paul