UEFI L4 image?

Peter Wiehe peter.wiehe2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:14:37 CET 2018

Hello Matthias,

> Hi Peter,
>
> On [25-11-2018 01:08], Peter Wiehe wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> can you give me a link to an UEFI flat PE image of L4Re? If that's not
>> available, then perhaps a link to instructions how to produce one
>> myself?
>
> It seems that bit rot has taken its toll and the support is currently
> broken.
>
> Is there a specific reason you want to use the PE image directly?
>
> In theory this should work from the L4 build directory
>
>   $~: make efiimage E=hello
>
> This creates a single PE image (images/bootstrap.efiimage) which contains
> all
> of the required modules.

If you mean why I don't want to build from source, it's simply to make
my life easier :)
If you mean why a single flat PE image instead of modules it's because
I assume that is neccessary to run on UEFI not supporting Legacy BIOS.
But maybe I assume wrong and UEFI can handle modules? (Maybe you don't
call it modules but rather something different...)

Kind regards
Peter