Setting up ssd and hard disk in l4linux

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Tue Feb 26 07:29:48 CET 2019

Hi,

On Tue Feb 26, 2019 at 10:06:20 +0800, Xinyue Wu wrote:
> I have been trying to mount ssd and hard disk in l4linux. There are some
> similiar questions in previous archives, and I have done the following
> things according to them:
>
>    - configure 'devs' file and 'io' file, add sata to vbus
>    - enable PCI support
>    - enable vPCI driver
>    - enable AHCI driver
>
> But when I ran l4linux in hardware, I still couldn't find sata in pci bus,
> nor could I found my devices under /dev. Does anyone have some suggestions?
> Or maybe there are something wrong in my device configuration, please let
> me know if so.

With PCI, it works differently. As the IO component is able to iterate
over the PCI bus to find all devices and the resources (MMIO, IRQs, ...)
they use/need, you don't need to specify the resources yourself.

Please have a look at l4/conf/examples/l4lx-x86.io. There is an l4linux
vbus which does what you need, i.e. it defines a virtual PCI bus and
puts all devices of a certain class, including storage, on it.
This configuration is also used in the L4Linux-mag configuration.
With this L4Linux will iterate over its virtual PCI bus and find the
AHCI controller.