Fiasco.OC-UX on MIPS?

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Thu Aug 29 12:31:49 CEST 2019

On Wednesday 28. August 2019 16.47.31 Sarah Hoffmann wrote:

> On 8/28/19 4:07 PM, Paul Boddie wrote:
> >
> > make O=mybuild qemu E=hello QEMU_OPTIONS='-nographic -M malta'
>
> You must also add the CPU type for Mips QEMU. For Mips 32 R2 this would be:
>
>   -M malta -cpu P5600
>
> (Unrelated, I usually also set: -nographic -monitor none -serial stdio
> That gives you the output directly on the console, no extra windows.)

This is very useful to know. I will give it a try and report back on the
outcome.

> Please have a look at the conf/Makeconf.boot.example which provides a
> working QEMU configurations for various platforms. I strongly recommend
> copying it to conf/Makeconf.boot and then adapting it to your needs. It
> makes life a lot easier and serves as a handy reminder what your
> favorite options are.

I'll take a look at this as well. Makeconf.boot is something I tend to set up
only after realising that things don't work without it (and that it isn't set
up by default, or maybe not in a usable way) and then I forget about it, but
obviously it contains the options that things like UX (on IA32) need.

Thanks for the advice, and apologies for not figuring this out myself!

Paul