MHonArc test archive

AAL0 problem

Hi Uwe

Thank you for the answer. Hope you had nice holidays.

I have been trying to fix the bug these days. The problem is that I
don't know which functions are calling each other. I would appreciate if
you could send me any detailed documentation.

I have tested the same things:

1. Normal operation.

pca200e_activatevcin is called with aal = 13 and the driver returns
stat_error, making the program return the error: bind: device or
resource busy

2. Change atm.h definitions (ATM_AAL0 = 0 and ATM_NOAAL = 10)

The application works, and the atm_connect function (in
linux/net/atm/common.c) displays AAL0 in the console. However, in some
place the AAL0 is converted to AAL5, and this is the AAL used for the
actual transmission.

3. Hack the driver and change the value of aal in the
pca200e_activatevcin function from 5 to 0. (For this I use an if
statement that changes the value when the vci corresponds to my
application)

The transmitting application seems to work, but the receiving
application blocks and the aal0 statistics remain full of zeros.

I printed the aal being used when the pca200e_inttx function was called,
and again the aal5 was being used there.

4. So I decided to hack that function too. I change the value of the aal
from 5 to 0, when the vci match the one used in my application.

The transmitting program seems to work, buy in a couple of seconds a lot
of error messages start comming up. Also, the pcadump tool displays
corrupted values in its statistics.

I hope this information will be of any help for you. I have to hand my
dissertation in two weeks, and I am getting a little bit nervous. It
would be great if you could fix the bug before that, or just give me
some  information to solve it myself.

Thank you and bye...

--

Alfonso Gonzalez

--

Alfonso Gonzalez
Msc. High Speed Networks & Distributed Systems
Oxford Brookes University

Home | Main Index | Thread Index