MHonArc test archive

Re: Problem initailizing pca200e module

Indu Mahadevan - EECS <imahadev@eecs.wsu.edu> wrote:
> I am having a problem with using the linux pca200e driver.
> 4) After reboot, I try insmod pca200e
> It always returns ""Initialization of pca200e failed"
> What can be the problem?

Look in /var/log/{syslog,messages,debug} (or wherever your kernel's messages
go) for a line describing the failure a bit more in detail.
Problems might result from IRQ sharing, kernel memory shortage or from an
invalid firmware image.

> The system is not yet connected to the ATM switch. Could this
> be a problem? I have a feeling it shouldn't be.

No, it shouldn't be.

Uwe

Uwe Dannowski, student, Dresden University of Technology, Dept. of CS, OS group
email: Uwe.Dannowski@inf.tu-dresden.de  WWW: http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~ud3/
tel: +49-351-2848091/+49-172-3736772 addr: Gamigstr. 20, 01239 Dresden, Germany

Home | Main Index | Thread Index