Fwd: l4shmnet and its structure

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jun 22 23:55:36 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Thu Jun 19, 2014 at 17:59:42 +0200, cem akpolat wrote:
> First of all, thanks again for the response. The problem is now solved. I
> tried to use a .lua file in which functions such as setConsole, setRamdisk,
> etc. were defined, that was a lua file that I have found while googling.
> This method led to a page fault error while creating a ttyLv0 console for
> the second client. I removed the function and used "console=ttyLv0"
> instead. I also defined the second shm device driver as shm1 for the server
> side, but as shm0 for the second client. Now it works fine. I still wonder
> why I got this page fault error, though.

Unfortunately I do not know of a page fault in that area and would need
more info.

> However, there exists another problem that I want to ask you about. Do we
> actually need a server while using l4shmnet?

For network, both partners are actually quite equal, however one of them
needs to do some setup work which the second does not need to do. That
might give the impression that one is the server. However, this is just
for the setup phase, afterwards both are equal.

> My final question, does fiasco has more than one console screen, for
> instance for each l4linux can we use a separate log screen?

You could use one L4Linux to connect to the other via network.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de