l4/sys/syscalls.h: No such file or directory

Adam Lackorzynski adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Mon Sep 8 00:17:04 CEST 2014

On Fri Sep 05, 2014 at 15:05:46 +0200, Valentin Hauner wrote:
> On 09/05/2014 12:28 AM, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> > Does it work with the default scheduler?
> No, it does not work with the default Fixed_prio scheduler. Tasks are
> created properly and my threads are assigned to them. But after that,
> nothing happens. Instead, one of the created threads (thread0 - thread3)
> waits for the pager 1b.
> I've attached the code of that example for your convenience. I've
> removed all code that concerns the EDF scheduler, so it works with the
> default Fixed_prio scheduler. It's a ordinary package, so just place it
> under './l4/pkg' and run the binary produced by
> './libedft/examples/libedft-example'.

Your threads page-fault all around. The reason is that I was
slightly wrong with my last statement on paging. The pager of the parent
task resolves the page-fault however just maps the memory locally to the
parent task, so the memory never appears in the child tasks. I guess you
have to map the pages yourself. I guess you could just map everything
from _stext & L4_PAGEMASK to _end & L4_PAGEMASk to all tasks.

> Besides, I've tried to modify your utcb-ipc example and created a new
> task for thread2 just as you suggested in your previous posts. It
> doesn't work either, thread1 outputs a 'Thread1 up' and then nothing
> happens (thread2 is active then). I've attached the JDB thread list
> output for this example.

Looks like the same issue to me.

Adam                 adam at os.inf.tu-dresden.de