Re: Is anyone has experience with pandaboard omap4460?

Alexander Tarasikov alexander.tarasikov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 12:59:32 CET 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Matthias Lange <
matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com> wrote:

> Hi,

Sorry to hijack your thread, but!

> L4Re (kernel and userland) do support the OMAP4460 on the Pandaboard and
> L4Linux/L4Android can be compiled with ARMv7 support. However we do not
> have a native framebuffer and input driver. You would have to write your
> own drivers and we are happy to assist you with that task.

Genode does have the framebuffer driver (which even supports DSI panels on
phones and tablets), input and block driver and works very well. I had
quite nice results running multiple instances of Android on the Samsung
Galaxy Nexus (omap4460) and Nook HD+ tablet (omap4470).

> If you want to get started with L4Android on ARM per se, please have a
> look at the Realview/Versatile platforms on Qemu. L4Re has support for
> the Amba LCD device.
>
> Best,
> Matthias.
>

> On 12/11/2014 02:38 PM, Zachary wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to buy a pandaboard to run L4Android. Dose L4Android supports
> omap4460?
> > Is anyone has experience with it?
> >
> > Best,
> > Zachary

> --
> Matthias Lange, matthias.lange at kernkonzept.com, +49 - 351 - 41 88 86 14
>
> Kernkonzept GmbH.  Sitz: Dresden.  Amtsgericht Dresden, HRB 31129.
> Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Michael Hohmuth

Regards, Alexander